Subject: Re: bug#12443: 24.2.50; Default values in the minibuffer prompt (fix inconsisntecy)

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 04:31:05 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Andrii Kolomoiets <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> But the 'minibuffer-eldef-shorten-default' variable is still ignored.  The
>> "(default ...)" part of the prompt is not shortened to "[...]".
>
> Ah, yes.  That bit wasn't tested enough (or perhaps at all, come to
> think of it).  I've now pushed a fix (after testing and comparing with
> how this worked in Emacs 27), so I think this should work now.

I think basically we've gotten as far as we're going to in this bug
report -- the basic mechanism has been introduced, and the majority of
the callers have been converted, so I'm closing this bug report.  I'm
sure there's more details to be fixed here, but handling those in new,
individual bug reports would probably be better.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no