Subject: Re: bug#12419: Mouse click changes layout

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 05:59:23 +0300

> Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 00:04:13 +0200
> From: Daniel Pfeiffer <[email-masked]>
> 
> I never took note of this as badly as recently with GNU Emacs 24.1.1, so I'm 
> not sure if this has gotten worse than before: if I have a multiline message 
> display, or a sideways scrolling buffer, and I click somewhere, the layout 
> goes back to normal as per that click.  In both situations that's a major 
> change of the layout and the click is not registered where I really clicked, 
> but at the same position after reorganizing the layout (e.g. I have 20 + 30 
> lines of windows + 5 lines of message area, but the message area dissapears 
> when I click, shrinking to 1 line, so my click happens a few lines above where 
> it was when I clicked, bacause the 20 line window grew to 22 and the 30 line 
> window grew to 33, so the position I clicked is 4 lines above what I saw when 
> clicking).

I'm sorry, but I cannot figure out what is it that you describe.
Could you perhaps elaborate, or maybe add a few screenshots, to
clarify the problem?

Thanks.