Subject: bug#12419: Mouse click changes layout

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 23:16:52 +0300

> Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 21:15:44 +0200
> From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
> CC: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
>  > I was talking about mini-window resize, and that alone.  I was asking
>  > whether using the asymmetric method when the trigger is resize of the
>  > mini-window would do the job.
> 
> The example I gave should have told you.  Think of the bottom window as
> the minibuffer window.

I did.  And I see no problems with that.

>  > Situations where mini-window grows so much as to resize windows other
>  > than the one immediately above it are very rare, so I don't think we
>  > should be bothered by them, at least not initially.
> 
> I use ediff with the control panel on the bottom of the frame.  How can
> I resize the minibuffer in this case?

Why, by resizing the window above the control panel, of course.  I
didn't say it won't happen, I just said it will be rare, and therefore
not a reason not to have that behavior.