Subject: Mouse click changes layout

From: Daniel Pfeiffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 00:04:13 +0200

I never took note of this as badly as recently with GNU Emacs 24.1.1, so I'm 
not sure if this has gotten worse than before: if I have a multiline message 
display, or a sideways scrolling buffer, and I click somewhere, the layout 
goes back to normal as per that click.  In both situations that's a major 
change of the layout and the click is not registered where I really clicked, 
but at the same position after reorganizing the layout (e.g. I have 20 + 30 
lines of windows + 5 lines of message area, but the message area dissapears 
when I click, shrinking to 1 line, so my click happens a few lines above where 
it was when I clicked, bacause the 20 line window grew to 22 and the 30 line 
window grew to 33, so the position I clicked is 4 lines above what I saw when 
clicking).

It never struck me until some months ago, so maybe there's a regression.  
Anyway it's extremely annoying!

coralament / best Grötens / liebe Grüße / best regards / elkorajn salutojn
Daniel Pfeiffer

-- 
lerne / learn / apprends / lär dig / ucz się    Esperanto:
                     http://lernu.net  /  http://ikurso.net