Subject: Re: bug#12419: Mouse click changes layout

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 17:53:53 +0300

> Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 15:38:12 +0200
> From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
> CC: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
>  > Note that evaluating that expression raises the mode line of both the
>  > lower and the upper windows.  That didn't happen in Emacs 23.3, where
>  > it would only affect the mode line (and the lower part) of the _lower_
>  > window that shows xdisp.c.
> 
> This behavior is due to my redesign of the window resize code for Emacs
> 24.1.  A couple of days ago Juanma told me that he's annoyed by it too.
> [...]
> Emacs 23.3 used a separate set of routines when resizing the minibuffer
> window automatically.  I can try to either resurrect that code or move
> it to Elisp.  Neither of these is trivial because the parts have to be
> integrated into the current resizing framework so this will surely take
> some time.

Wouldn't using the "asymmetric" resizing do the job here?  I don't
think the symmetric variant is ever TRT when triggered by resizing the
minibuffer window.