Subject: Re: bug#12419: Mouse click changes layout

From: Daniel Pfeiffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 22:41:51 +0200

la 09/12/2012 10:09 AM martin rudalics skribis:
> > I never took note of this as badly as recently with GNU Emacs 24.1.1, so
> > I'm not sure if this has gotten worse than before: if I have a multiline
> > message display, or a sideways scrolling buffer, and I click somewhere,
> > the layout goes back to normal as per that click.  In both situations
> > that's a major change of the layout and the click is not registered
> > where I really clicked, but at the same position after reorganizing the
> > layout (e.g. I have 20 + 30 lines of windows + 5 lines of message area,
> > but the message area dissapears when I click, shrinking to 1 line, so my
> > click happens a few lines above where it was when I clicked, bacause the
> > 20 line window grew to 22 and the 30 line window grew to 33, so the
> > position I clicked is 4 lines above what I saw when clicking).
> >
> > It never struck me until some months ago, so maybe there's a
> > regression.  Anyway it's extremely annoying!
>
> Can you improve the behavior by changing the value of
> `resize-mini-windows'?

It has it's default value of grow-only.  I like the feature and wouldn't want 
to turn it off.

I guess the annoying thing is that the resizing happens on mouse-down and 
side-ways scrolling on mouse-drag, i.e. in the middle of my operation.  If it 
were deferred till mouse-up (or till I drag to outside of the window to force 
scrolling), then it would be consistent with regard to where I clicked.

coralament / best Grötens / liebe Grüße / best regards / elkorajn salutojn
Daniel Pfeiffer

-- 
lerne / learn / apprends / lär dig / ucz się    Esperanto:
                     http://lernu.net  /  http://ikurso.net