Subject: bug#12419: Mouse click changes layout

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 10:09:16 +0200

> I never took note of this as badly as recently with GNU Emacs 24.1.1, so
 > I'm not sure if this has gotten worse than before: if I have a multiline
 > message display, or a sideways scrolling buffer, and I click somewhere,
 > the layout goes back to normal as per that click.  In both situations
 > that's a major change of the layout and the click is not registered
 > where I really clicked, but at the same position after reorganizing the
 > layout (e.g. I have 20 + 30 lines of windows + 5 lines of message area,
 > but the message area dissapears when I click, shrinking to 1 line, so my
 > click happens a few lines above where it was when I clicked, bacause the
 > 20 line window grew to 22 and the 30 line window grew to 33, so the
 > position I clicked is 4 lines above what I saw when clicking).
 >
 > It never struck me until some months ago, so maybe there's a
 > regression.  Anyway it's extremely annoying!

Can you improve the behavior by changing the value of
`resize-mini-windows'?

martin