Subject: bug#12415: vc-push & vc-pull support?

From: Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 15:09:32 +0100

Just now I found to my surprise that there's no "push" support for git
(or indeed, in current Emacs bazaar, any DVCS other than Mercurial).
Searching, I found that a patch was offered to support Bazaar, with
some additions for git:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2010-05/msg00842.html

I see no further progress on integrating this work. Any chance of
someone looking at it? It would be great to get basic push support for
git & Bazaar; that would leave the three most popular DVCSes covered.
If someone can tell me what specifically is needed for an acceptable
git patch (relative to what's already offered in the above thread),
I'd be happy to work on it.

I think it worth noting that I *won't* be trying magit in the mean
time, as I don't see that switching between two interfaces (one for
git, one for everything else) would be better than having to switch
back to a terminal to push in git. I appreciate that not every
function of every VCS can consistently be exposed in vc (I'm quite
happy for it to follow the 80/20 rule!), but this does seem like basic
functionality that can and should be supported.

-- 
http://rrt.sc3d.org