Subject: bug#12412: 24.2.50; `make distclean' does not remove .elc files

From: Bastien <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 18:19:51 +0200

Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:

> Bastien wrote:
>
>> What do you mean by "distributed"?
>
> Included in release tarfiles. These include several things that the VCS
> does not; info files, configure script, elc files, etc. distclean must
> not delete these things.

Okay, I do understand now.

Thanks,

> (I don't know why it is such fun to be so terse no-one can understand
> you.)

I guess this "you" is for Andreas, right?  Because this is the exact
same impression I get from Andreas messages.

I tried to ask something clearly, got extremely short answers, which
gives me the impression that I'm stupid.  Being stupid, I don't want to
bother anyone with more than short sentences, and you get this kinda
silly "conversation".

Anyway, thanks for the answer.

I continue to think having a ̀make help' would spare everyone's time 
by answering such questions in advance.

-- 
 Bastien