Subject: Re: bug#12412: 24.2.50; `make distclean' does not remove .elc files

From: Bastien <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 14:31:30 +0200

Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]> writes:

> distclean does not remove distributed files.

It is hard to guess in the absence of `make help'.

>From INSTALL:

  ...

  4. If you need to run the `configure' script more than once (e.g.,
     with some non-default options), always clean the source
     directories before running `configure' again:

		make distclean
		./configure

  ...

  To also remove the files
  that `configure' created (so you can compile Emacs for a different
  configuration), type `make distclean'.

How to remove the .elc files?

What is the difference between `make clean' and `make distclean'?

-- 
 Bastien