Subject: bug#12404: 24.2; fails to load X11 resources

From: Jan Djärv <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 20:09:40 +0200

11 sep 2012 kl. 17:12 skrev Yuri D'Elia <[email-masked]>:

> On 09/11/2012 09:21 AM, Glenn Morris wrote:
>> It works fine for me using Debian's 24.1 package (ie, the GTK+ version),
>> started with -q (not -Q because that ignores X resources), under XFCE,
>> with an X resource of the form:
>> 
>>    Emacs.font: -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--15-140-75-75-c-90-iso8859-1
>> 
>> I can't remember whether Gnome settings will take precedence if Gnome
>> services are running. So suggestion 1 is to recompile --without-gconf
>> --without-gsettings and see if it makes a difference.
> 

X resources for font take precedencde, last in x_default_font_parameter:

  /* This call will make X resources override any system font setting.  */
  x_default_parameter (f, parms, Qfont, font, "font", "Font", RES_TYPE_STRING);

> 
> How can I force emacs to use X11 resources over gsettings? I have been using *font for years now to configure the default font globally, including with emacs23.
> 

X11 resources for font already takes precedence over other sources.
Do you see emacs.font when you do:
% xrdb -query
?

	Jan D.