Subject: bug#12395: 24.2.50; `C-h f emacs-version' ignores doc string; gives no information

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 07:45:59 -0700

> > > emacs -Q
> > > C-h f emacs-version
> > > Missing all information.  The doc string is ignored.

ping.  Still true in the latest build:

In GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-10-15 on DANI-PC
Bzr revision: 110553 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -I../../libs/libxpm-3.5.8/include -I../../libs/libxpm-3.5.8/src
 -I../../libs/libpng-1.4.10 -I../../libs/zlib-1.2.6
 -I../../libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include -I../../libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -I../../libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -I../../libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -I../../libs/gnutls-3.0.16/include
 -I../../libs/libiconv-1.14-2-mingw32-dev/include'