Subject: bug#12386: 24.2.50 ; enhancement regarding path names of C header files

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 17:25:12 +0200

Hello!

At "revno: 109934" there is only one file left which includes a GNU  
Emacs C header file by its full pathname:

cd lib-src && make all                          \
   CC='gcc-4.0 -std=gnu99' CFLAGS='-g3 -H -pipe -fPIC -fno-common -O0  
-mcpu=7450 -mtune=7450' CPPFLAGS='' \
   LDFLAGS='-L/opt/local/lib -v -Wl,-v -Wl,-bind_at_load -Wl,-t'  
MAKE='make'
gcc-4.0 -std=gnu99 -c     -I. -I../src -I../lib -I/Volumes/Quellen/ 
emacs-24.2.50/lib-src -I/Volumes/Quellen/emacs-24.2.50/lib-src/../src  
-I/Volumes/Quellen/emacs-24.2.50/lib-src/../lib   -g3 -H -pipe -fPIC - 
fno-common -O0 -mcpu=7450 -mtune=7450 -DCONFIG_BROKETS - 
DINHIBIT_STRING_HEADER \
   /Volumes/Quellen/emacs-24.2.50/lib-src/../src/regex.c
. ../src/config.h
.. ../src/conf_post.h
... ../lib/alloca.h
... /usr/include/string.h
.
.
.
.... /usr/include/runetype.h
.. /usr/include/crt_externs.h
. /usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/include/stdbool.h
. /Volumes/Quellen/emacs-24.2.50/lib-src/../src/regex.h

Could this compilation be "stream-lined" to use a relative path to  
regex.h?

--
Greetings

   Pete

There is no national science just as there is no national  
multiplication table; what is national is no longer science.
				– Anton Checov