Subject: bug#12377: 24.2.50; `minibuffer-prompt-properties' should respect existing faces in prompt string

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 09:31:27 -0700

`minibuffer-prompt-properties', via `minibuffer-prompt' face, overrides
a `face' property that might exist on certain parts of the prompt
string.  This is not good.  Emacs should be less overbearing and more
respectful of prompt strings, respecting existing properties, particular
`face', that might be present.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-09-02 on MARVIN
Bzr revision: 109861 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.13.1-1-dev/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8/include/libxml2'