Subject: bug#12375: Broken matching of regexps in fancy splitting

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 15:37:49 -0800

jathd <[email-masked]> writes:

> The `value' is the regexp I specified in `nnmail-split-fancy'. Before
> that, to see whether a header matches, the function does
>
>     (re-search-backward (cdr cached-pair) nil t)
>
> where (cdr cached-pair) is a regexp it constructed the first time
> around. Since it prepended a "\\<" to *that* regexp, the header is
> correctly identified; but it didn't prepend anything to `value', so the
> extraction goes wrong.

Aha.

I've now rewritten that function to save the match data explicitly after
doing the first match so that we don't have to redo the search.  It
should be faster, too.

Does this fix the problem for you?  It's in git Gnus, but should be in
bzr Emacs soon...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/