Subject: macroexp--funcall-if-compiled broke bootstrap for me

From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 18:00:49 -0700

The patch in trunk bzr 110102, with this ChangeLog entry:

2012-09-19  Stefan Monnier  <[email-masked]>

	* emacs-lisp/macroexp.el (macroexp--funcall-if-compiled): Rename from
	macroexp--eval-if-compile.
	(macroexp--funcall-and-return, macroexp--warn-and-return): New funs.
	(macroexp--expand-all): Use them (bug#12371).

broke "make bootstrap" on my platform (Fedora 17, x86-64, GCC 4.7.1).
The failure symptoms are:

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/eggert/src/gnu/emacs/static-checkina/lisp'
Compiling org/ob-awk.el

In toplevel form:
org/ob-awk.el:97:48:Error: Wrong type argument: symbolp, (\, (car form))
make[2]: *** [org/ob-awk.elc] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/eggert/src/gnu/emacs/static-checkina/lisp'

If I start with trunk latest (bzr 110104) and back
out the changes in 110102, the problem goes away.

I see that bug#12371 is still marked as active so I'll
CC: this there.  Macroexpansion is something that makes me
lose too many follicles so I hope someone else can fix this one...