Subject: Re: bug#1236: ispell-complete-word / key binding not shown in menu

From: David Reitter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 17:27:37 -0400

On 25 Oct 2008, at 14:45, Glenn Morris wrote:

> YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu wrote:
>
>> Probably you tried with Emacs 23, and Emacs 22 on GNU/Linux would
>> behave as OP described.
>
> I did indeed, since Emacs 22 is dead, and the problem was also said to
> occur with "a recent build of Cocoa (23)". Does it? (I can't build  
> that.)

In general: given that there are tens if not hundreds of thousands of  
users out there on Emacs 22, with stopping to fix bugs we're not doing  
ourselves a favor.

Applying Stefan's patch (which just turns off this cache) causes a  
crash while building (before dumping), which I don't have the chance  
to investigate further.

Indeed, the key hint problem occurred with 23 as well, so perhaps we  
should fix it on that end first.