Subject: Re: bug#12350: Composites identified as primes in factor.c (when HAVE_GMP)

From: Torbjorn Granlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 21:15:24 +0200

> We won't be sending any more code replacement blobs to this address; it
  > is most surely the wrong place.
  
  I guess you're saying that because there's been too little feedback?

Not really.  I suppose I'm sending a code replacement so that it get
appended to a bug report.  My initial post was infact a bug report, but
that was 30 posts ago...

  IMHO, this is great work.

Thanks.

  You may consider it accepted.  That was clear in my mind from
  the beginning.  Sorry if I didn't make that clear to you.
  Now, it's just a matter of integrating it.
  
Good.  I would certainly accept rejection, or partial rejection.  I
suppose the code is a fair bit more complex than one might perhaps
expect, but we don't know how to make it neater without a large
performance penalty.  But we can make it much more complex if desirable.
:-)

I think the ugliest part is the interface to longlong.h.  I don't know
how to make that better, though.

  Here are some suggested changes -- I made these against
  a temporary local git repository using your -005 tarball.
  That was before I learned (just now) that you have a mercurial
  repository.
  
I'll take a look within a few days.

-- 
Torbjörn