Subject: bug#12347: closed (Re: bug#12347: 24.2.50; doc of `completion-table-subvert')

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 14:08:02 +0000

Your bug report

#12347: 24.2.50; doc of `completion-table-subvert'

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
12347: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=12347
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#12347: 24.2.50; doc of `completion-table-subvert'
From: Bastien <[email-masked]>
To: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 16:07:15 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

"Drew Adams" <[email-masked]> writes:

> "Completion table that replaces the prefix S1 with S2 in STRING."

I applied the patch below.

Thanks,

=== modified file 'lisp/minibuffer.el'
--- lisp/minibuffer.el	2012-09-01 04:28:24 +0000
+++ lisp/minibuffer.el	2012-09-11 14:05:33 +0000
@@ -211,10 +211,10 @@
       (complete-with-action action table string pred))))
 
 (defun completion-table-subvert (table s1 s2)
-  "Completion table that replaces the prefix S1 with S2 in STRING.
+  "Return a completion table from TABLE with S1 replaced by S2.
 The result is a completion table which completes strings of the
-form (concat S1 S) in the same way as TABLE completes strings of
-the form (concat S2 S)."
+form (concat S2 S) in the same way as TABLE completes strings of
+the form (concat S1 S)."
   (lambda (string pred action)
     (let* ((str (if (eq t (compare-strings string 0 (length s1) s1 nil nil
                                            completion-ignore-case))

-- 
 Bastien

Subject: 24.2.50; doc of `completion-table-subvert'
From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 20:03:18 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Doc string:
 
"Completion table that replaces the prefix S1 with S2 in STRING."
 
What's STRING?  STRING is described/defined nowhere.  And this is the
first sentence of the doc string, which should be able to stand alone.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-09-02 on MARVIN
Bzr revision: 109861 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.13.1-1-dev/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8/include/libxml2'