Subject: bug#11818: closed (Re: bug#12346: 24.2.50; doc of `set-temporary-overlay-map')

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 17:33:03 +0000

Your bug report

#12346: 24.1.50; The useful function `set-temporary-overlay-map' is not documented

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
12346: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=12346
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#12346: 24.2.50; doc of `set-temporary-overlay-map'
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 13:32:12 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Bastien wrote:

> I'm not closing this bug as I didn't update the manual, 

There's no need to keep this open, since it is in NEWS without +++/---
markup, like many other things, so the manual issue will be dealt with
before next release.

(BTW, this was previously reported with an actual patch:
http://debbugs.gnu.org/11818 )

Subject: 24.1.50; The useful function `set-temporary-overlay-map' is not documented
From: Damien Cassou <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 19:20:08 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

the function `set-temporary-overlay-map' seems to be useful for elisp
developers but is not documented. I propose the following documentation:

"Set a new keymap that will only exist for a short period of time.

The new keymap to use must be given in the MAP variable. When to remove
the keymap depends on user input and KEEP-PRED:

- if KEEP-PRED is nil (the default), the keymap disappears as soon as
  any key is pressed, whether or not the key is in MAP;

- if KEEP-PRED is t, the keymap disappears as soon as a key *not* in MAP
  is pressed;

- otherwise, KEEP-PRED must be a 0-arguments predicate that will decide
  if the keymap should be removed (if predicate returns nil) or kept
  (otherwise). The predicate will be called after each key sequence."

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.2)
 of 2012-06-28 on iridium, modified by Debian