Subject: Re: bug#12340: 24.2.50; python-shell-switch-to-shell in TRAMP buffer gives "No such file or directory: '/var/folders/vk/p95wm1qx0vdf0087p0z9qzc40000gn/T/py62333GTT'"

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 13:45:41 +0200

Matt McClure <[email-masked]> writes:

> Michael,

Hi Matt,

> Here's a much simpler patch with the same behavior.
>
> https://github.com/matthewlmcclure/emacs/compare/master...debbug-12340

Looks OK to me.

But there is still one weak point (not introduced by your patch). In
`python-shell-send-file', there is the form

(or (expand-file-name
     (or (file-remote-p file-name 'localname)
         file-name))
    temp-file-name)

The intention is obvious: if `file-name' is nil, use `temp-file-name'
instead. But in this case, we would eval (expand-file-name nil), which
raises an error. Could you fix this as well?

I would commit this patch in your name, if this is fixed. Ah, a
ChangeLog entry would be great.

> Matt

Best regards, Michael.