Subject: bug#10900: Clarification re: Regarding the observed bugs in cp

From: era eriksson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 07:39:06 +0300

Forwarding a replyI only received in private.  Please keep the Cc: on
any followups.

From: subratkumar <[email-masked]>
To: era eriksson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 17:04

On Thursday 30 August 2012 01:38 PM, era eriksson wrote:

I stumbled across your recent bug report for cp
[1]http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=10900
and I was wondering if you could follow up with a bit of additional
information.  What did you expect to happen, and what should be fixed in
order for cp to behave like you expect?

Thanks for your bug report!  I am but a mere bystander, but I appreciate
your effort.

/* era */

I expected :
1.cp -r dir1 dir1 (should not copy dir1 inside dir1) ,it was coming with an erro
r message but it was copying inside dir1 ,please check it inside dir1.
2.cp -s file1 ../dir1/ (symlinking out side the current directory should be allo
wed) but it came with error symlink restricted to  current directory.
Please have a look. Let me know about these.

--
------------------------------------------------
Thanks & regards
Subrat Kumar Ojha
PMG, Global Edge Software Ltd.
Mob - +91 - 9620262307

References

1. http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=10900