Subject: bug#12332: 24.2.50; forgetting --without-gconf leads to crash at launch

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 11:46:51 +0200

Hello!

Having configured as

In GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (i386-apple-darwin10.8.0, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2012-09-02 on Sumac.local
Bzr revision: 109853 [email-masked]
Configured using:
 `configure '--build=x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0'
 '--host=i386-apple-darwin10.8.0' '--target=i386-apple-darwin10.8.0'
 '--with-wide-int' '--without-pop' '--without-sound' '--without-gpm'
 '--without-dbus' '--without-selinux' '--with-x-toolkit=athena'
 '--disable-ns-self-contained' '--without-xpm' '--without-jpeg'
 '--without-tiff' '--without-gif' '--without-png' '--without-rsvg'
 '--x-libraries=/usr/X11/lib' '--x-includes=/usr/X11/include'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/calendar24:/Library/Application Support/Emacs' 'CFLAGS=-g
 -H -pipe -fPIC -fno-common -O0 -march=prescott -mtune=prescott -m32
 -fomit-frame-pointer -msse3 -foptimize-register-move -ftree-vectorize'
 'CPPFLAGS=-I/sw/include' 'LDFLAGS=-L/sw/lib -m32 -Wl,-dead_strip_dylibs
 -Wl,-bind_at_load -Wl,-t' 'CC=gcc-4.2' 'CXX=g++-4.2'
 'PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/sw/lib/xft2/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/share/pkgconfig:/sw/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/X11/lib\
/pkgconfig:/usr/X11/share/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig'
 'build_alias=x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0'
 'host_alias=i386-apple-darwin10.8.0'
 'target_alias=i386-apple-darwin10.8.0''

GNU Emacs uses

	/sw/lib/fontconfig2/lib/libfontconfig.1.dylib (compatibility version 8.0.0, current version 8.2.0)
	/sw/lib/freetype219/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib (compatibility version 16.0.0, current version 16.0.0)
	/sw/lib/gnutls28/libgnutls.28.dylib (compatibility version 36.0.0, current version 36.1.0)
	/sw/lib/libMagickCore.5.dylib (compatibility version 6.0.0, current version 6.0.0)
	/sw/lib/libMagickWand.5.dylib (compatibility version 6.0.0, current version 6.0.0)
	/sw/lib/libXaw3d.8.dylib (compatibility version 9.0.0, current version 9.1.0)
	•/sw/lib/libgconf-2.4.dylib (compatibility version 6.0.0, current version 6.5.0)
	•/sw/lib/libglib-2.0.0.dylib (compatibility version 2201.0.0, current version 2201.4.0)
	/sw/lib/libm17n-core.0.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.0)
	/sw/lib/libm17n-flt.0.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.0)
	/sw/lib/libotf.0.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
	/sw/lib/libxml2.2.dylib (compatibility version 11.0.0, current version 11.0.0)
	/sw/lib/ncurses/libncurses.5.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.0)
	/sw/lib/xft2/lib/libXft.2.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.0)
	/usr/X11/lib/libICE.6.dylib (compatibility version 10.0.0, current version 10.0.0)
	/usr/X11/lib/libSM.6.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0, current version 7.0.0)
	/usr/X11/lib/libX11.6.dylib (compatibility version 9.0.0, current version 9.0.0)
	/usr/X11/lib/libXmu.6.dylib (compatibility version 9.0.0, current version 9.0.0)
	/usr/X11/lib/libXrender.1.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.0)
	/usr/X11/lib/libXt.6.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0, current version 7.0.0)
	/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 125.2.11)

but fails to launch:

 src/emacs

(process:83853): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: gtype.c:2458: initialization assertion failed, use g_type_init() prior to this function

(process:83853): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_new: assertion `G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed

(process:83853): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_ref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
Fatal error (10)Bus error (core dumped)
Exit 138

On Mac OS X 10.6.8. Using --without-gconf a working GNU Emacs is built:

	/sw/lib/fontconfig2/lib/libfontconfig.1.dylib (compatibility version 8.0.0, current version 8.2.0)
	/sw/lib/freetype219/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib (compatibility version 16.0.0, current version 16.0.0)
	/sw/lib/gnutls28/libgnutls.28.dylib (compatibility version 36.0.0, current version 36.1.0)
	/sw/lib/libMagickCore.5.dylib (compatibility version 6.0.0, current version 6.0.0)
	/sw/lib/libMagickWand.5.dylib (compatibility version 6.0.0, current version 6.0.0)
	/sw/lib/libXaw3d.8.dylib (compatibility version 9.0.0, current version 9.1.0)
	/sw/lib/libm17n-core.0.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.0)
	/sw/lib/libm17n-flt.0.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.0)
	/sw/lib/libotf.0.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
	/sw/lib/libxml2.2.dylib (compatibility version 11.0.0, current version 11.0.0)
	/sw/lib/ncurses/libncurses.5.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.0)
	/sw/lib/xft2/lib/libXft.2.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.0)
	/usr/X11/lib/libICE.6.dylib (compatibility version 10.0.0, current version 10.0.0)
	/usr/X11/lib/libSM.6.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0, current version 7.0.0)
	/usr/X11/lib/libX11.6.dylib (compatibility version 9.0.0, current version 9.0.0)
	/usr/X11/lib/libXmu.6.dylib (compatibility version 9.0.0, current version 9.0.0)
	/usr/X11/lib/libXrender.1.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.0)
	/usr/X11/lib/libXt.6.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0, current version 7.0.0)
	/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 125.2.11)

--
Greetings

  Pete

"Debugging? Klingons do not debug. Our software does not coddle the weak."