Subject: RE: bug#12330: 24.2.50; Windows build 2012-08-26 breaks some font-locking

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 15:34:03 -0700

FYI, I do not notice that particular mis-highlighting in the latest Windows
build from Christopher Scholtes:, which is this:

In GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-09-02 on MARVIN
Bzr revision: 109861 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.13.1-1-dev/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8/include/libxml2'

But it would be good if someone tracked down the difference between the two
cited builds of 2012-08-26, so we can be confident wrt whether a problem
introduced has actually been fixed.

> The one that has the problem is the Emacs 24.2 release candidate, from
> Christopher Scholtes:
>  
> In GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
>  of 2012-08-26 on MARVIN
> Bzr revision: 109788 
> [email-masked]
> Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
> Configured using:
>  `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
>  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
>  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
>  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
>  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
>  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
>  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
>  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
>  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include
>  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.13.1-1-dev/include
>  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8/include/libxml2'
>  
> The problem is shown in the two attachments.  Look at the line
>  -- Function: insert-before-markers-and-inherit
> It is not highlighted, but it should be.
>  
> And look at the line "Here are the functions that insert...".
> It is highlighted, but it should not be.