Subject: bug#12317: 24.2; “blackbox” game doesn’t work in 24.2

From: Ian Clifton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 16:36:52 +0100

The “blackbox” game works as I would expect in my distribution‐supplied
version of emacs:
GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i386-mandrake-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.0)
 of 2010-04-20 on n1.mandriva.com, modified by Mandriva

However, in my self‐compiled up to date version, there is no crash, but
the game only seems to work properly when the cursor is at the left
margin of the playing grid. With the cursor elsewhere, the cursor
moves character‐by‐character, not jumping between playing positions as
it should. Pressing space has no effect at a valid playing position,
and generates spurious results at a non‐valid playing position.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
 of 2012-08-28 on chem-arachne.chem.ox.ac.uk
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10707000
Configured using:
 `configure '--prefix=/home/ian/emacs_inst' '--with-gif=no'
 '--with-tiff=no''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_GB.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Summary

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<return> <return> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> 
<send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
Reading active file via nndraft...done
Checking new news...done
Connecting to Nexus...
Reading active file...done
Connecting to Nexus...done
Opening nnimap server on Nexus-ephemeral...
Opening connection to imap.nexus.ox.ac.uk...
Opening nnimap server on Nexus-ephemeral...done
nnimap read 0k from imap.nexus.ox.ac.uk
nnimap read 37k from imap.nexus.ox.ac.uk

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail regexp-opt qp gnus-ml
disp-table nndoc nndraft nnmh utf-7 rfc2104 gnutls nnimap utf7 nnfolder
parse-time netrc network-stream auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv macroexp assoc starttls tls gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
epg-config mm-view mml-smime smime password-cache dig mailcap nntp
gnus-cache gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source
gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems
nnheader gnus-util mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit easymenu
time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Ian Clifton ⚗                 Phone: +44 1865 275677
Chemistry Research Laboratory Fax:   +44 1865 285002
Oxford University             [email-masked]
Mansfield Road   Oxford OX1 3TA   UK