Subject: Re: bug#12313: nnmairix bug when searching (End of file during parsing)

From: Sergio Durigan Junior <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 22:15:14 -0200

On Thursday, January 30 2014, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> Hm.  That function calls `read' a few times, and it's likely that the
> data there is bad.
>
> (setq debug-ignored-errors nil
>       debug-on-error t)
>
> Should get you a backtrace when it fails.  Look in the "*mairix output*"
> buffer when this happens, and post the contents of that buffer.

There's just:

  Matched 1079 messages

Not sure you wanted the backtrace as well, but here it is (it happens
when I type G b s, provide a search term, and hit RET):

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (end-of-file)
  read(#<buffer  *nntpd*>)
  nnmairix-request-group-with-article-number-correction("zz_mairix-searchgroup-1" "nnmairix+localsearch:searchgroup")
  nnmairix-request-group("searchgroup" "localsearch" nil ("nnmairix+localsearch:searchgroup" 3 nil nil (nnmairix "localsearch" (nnmairix-backend nnimap) (nnmairix-backend-server "local") (nnmairix-mairix-command "mairix") (nnmairix-hidden-folders t) (nnmairix-default-group "searchgroup")) ((numcorr t 0 0) (query "searchterm") (folder . "zz_mairix-searchgroup-1") (threads))))
  gnus-activate-group("nnmairix+localsearch:searchgroup" scan nil (nnmairix "localsearch" (nnmairix-backend nnimap) (nnmairix-backend-server "local") (nnmairix-mairix-command "mairix") (nnmairix-hidden-folders t) (nnmairix-default-group "searchgroup")))
  gnus-group-get-new-news-this-group()
  nnmairix-update-and-clear-marks("nnmairix+localsearch:searchgroup")
  nnmairix-search("searchterm")
  call-interactively(nnmairix-search nil nil)
  recursive-edit()
  debug(error (end-of-file))
  read(#<buffer  *nntpd*>)
  nnmairix-request-group-with-article-number-correction("zz_mairix-searchgroup-1" "nnmairix+localsearch:searchgroup")
  nnmairix-request-group("searchgroup" "localsearch" t nil)
  gnus-request-group("nnmairix+localsearch:searchgroup" t)
  gnus-select-newsgroup("nnmairix+localsearch:searchgroup" nil nil)
  gnus-summary-read-group-1("nnmairix+localsearch:searchgroup" nil t nil nil nil)
  gnus-summary-read-group("nnmairix+localsearch:searchgroup" nil t nil nil nil nil)
  gnus-group-read-group(nil t)
  gnus-group-select-group(nil)
  gnus-topic-select-group(nil)
  call-interactively(gnus-topic-select-group nil nil)

Thanks,

-- 
Sergio