Subject: bug#12302: closed (Re: bug#12302: 24.2.50; Inappropriate warning about site-lisp not existing)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 00:51:01 +0000

Your bug report

#12302: 24.2.50; Inappropriate warning about site-lisp not existing

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
12302: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=12302
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#12302: 24.2.50; Inappropriate warning about site-lisp not existing
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 20:48:52 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Presumably this was an out-of-tree build, in which case it is fixed now.

Subject: 24.2.50; Inappropriate warning about site-lisp not existing
From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 10:50:25 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

With my current Emacs build, this warning appears in the shell when I
start emacs with my init file or with -q (but of course not with -Q):
"Warning: Lisp directory `/home/steve/bzr/emacs/quickfixes/site-lisp'
does not exist."  The quickfixes path is my Emacs source tree; I guess
site-lisp is added only when Emacs is built with `make install', which I
do not use, so I think the warning is inappropriate.  The warning
apparently comes from load_path_check, which exists since this change
(committed between my current and my previous build, which lacked this
warning):

2012-07-07  Glenn Morris  <[email-masked]>

	* lread.c (load_path_check): New function, split from init_lread.
	(init_lread): Reorganize.  Motivation:
	If EMACSLOADPATH is set, check/warn about that rather than the
	defaults, which we are not going to use.  Hence we can remove
	the turn_off_warning and WINDOWSNT || HAVE_NS tests.
	Don't warn if site-lisp directories are missing.
	If not installed, start from a blank load-path, since
	PATH_LOADSEARCH refers to the eventual installation directories.

It sounds like this should explicitly suppress the warning I'm seeing,
so either it's not working, or I misunderstand it, or the warning is
coming from somewhere else.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (x86_64-suse-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.7)
 of 2012-08-20 on rosalinde
Bzr revision: 109703 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11004000
Configured using:
 `configure '--without-toolkit-scroll-bars' 'CFLAGS=-g -O0''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=local
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-topic-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  temp-buffer-resize-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> 
<mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5> <double-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <down-mouse-5> 
<mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5> <double-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5> <double-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <help-echo> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <help-echo> 
M-x - h s <tab> <return> 3 0 <return> M-x <up> <return> 
5 0 <return> M-x <up> <return> 2 <return> M-x <up> 
<return> - 4 <return> C-h f - h <tab> s <tab> s <tab> 
t <backspace> r b <return> C-x o <tab> <return> C-x 
k <return> <f1> M-x C-g C-u 3 0 M-x <up> <return> C-g 
C-c r <return> <return> <return> C-_ C-s s c r o l 
l - <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> SPC C-c " p C-M-x C-x b <return> C-u 
3 0 M-x <up> <return> C-x < C-x > C-x > C-x b <return> 
<help-echo> <select-window> <help-echo> C-h f r e a 
d - n u <tab> C-g <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <C-right> <right> M-d M-d n u m b e r C-SPC 
C-SPC C-SPC C-SPC C-SPC C-SPC C-SPC C-SPC C-SPC C-SPC 
C-SPC C-M-x C-x b <return> M-x <up> <return> X C-x 
> C-x b <return> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <left> 
<left> <backspace> P C-M-x C-x b <return> M-x <up> 
<return> 4 0 <return> q C-x C-s C-x b s <backspace> 
C-g M-x g u <return> J j 1 j b u g <tab> <return> M-g 
9 <return> SPC n <select-window> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> 
<double-down-mouse-5> <double-mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> 
<mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5> 
<double-mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5> 
<double-mouse-5> <select-window> <help-echo> n n <help-echo> 
<select-window> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5> 
<double-mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-4> 
<mouse-4> <double-down-mouse-4> <double-mouse-4> <down-mouse-5> 
<mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5> <double-mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> 
<mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> SPC h n 2 b n n 
n n q M-x r e p o <tab> r <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Mark activated [10 times]
srb-hscroll
Auto-saving...done
srb-hscroll
Auto-saving...done
Saving file /data/steve/.emacs.d/site-lisp/srb-misc.el...
Wrote /data/steve/.emacs.d/site-lisp/srb-misc.el
Quit
Opening nntp server on news.gmane.org...done
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug sendmail gnus-fun jka-compr flow-fill shr browse-url
ido find-func sort smiley gnus-cite mail-extr gnus-async gnus-bcklg
parse-time qp gnus-ml nndoc url-handlers mm-archive url-cache
debbugs-gnu debbugs soap-client url-http url-auth url-gw url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util url-parse url-vars warnings xml help-mode bug-reference add-log
vc-bzr cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs misearch multi-isearch find-dired
dired-x dired grep compile gnus-topic nndraft nnmh nnfolder netrc gnutls
network-stream starttls tls gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view mml-smime
smime dig mailcap nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo
nnmail mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus
gnus-ems nnheader mail-utils em-unix em-term term disp-table ehelp
electric em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs
em-cmpl em-basic em-banner em-alias esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt
esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util
edmacro kmacro eldoc adaptive-wrap-autoloads debbugs-autoloads package
view mule-util cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam
cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs face-remap appt tramp-cache tramp-sh
ange-ftp tramp-ftp tramp tramp-compat auth-source eieio byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cconv gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache
tramp-loaddefs shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring format-spec paren
recentf tree-widget wid-edit allout cus-start cus-load todos derived
cl-macs gv cl cl-lib macroexp diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu easymenu
calendar cal-loaddefs srb-cal+diary+appt advice help-fns advice-preload
w3m-load bbdb-loaddefs srb-recentf srb-mode-line time noutline outline
srb-misc easy-mmode time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)