Subject: bug#12253: Restore window start position

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 09:08:24 +0200

> Martin writes in bug#12230:
 >
 >>> +	  (set-window-start (selected-window) (nth 3 hist))))))
 >> [...]
 >>> +    (set-window-start (selected-window) ostart)))
 >> [...]
 >>> +    (set-window-start (selected-window) ostart)))
 >> Are you sure you want to force start positions here?
[...]
 > The second change in `Info-history-back' and in `Info-history-forward'
 > is to keep the original window positions while navigating through
 > the Info history backward and forward.  I think this has the same importance
 > as keeping the original window positions while navigating buffers
 > with `next-buffer' and `previous-buffer'.

I fully agree with you.  But I was curious whether setting the window
start position should be allowed to override any (goto-char opoint)
following or preceding it (just in case a window got resized during
navigation).

martin