Subject: Re: bug#12251: 24.2.50; crash in note_mouse_highlight

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2012 12:36:56 +0300

> Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 07:02:03 -0400
> From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 4:03 AM, martin rudalics <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >> I am running
> >> (emacs-bzr-version "109806
> >> [email-masked]")
> >> with your patch.
> >
> > And did you get a crash or the "window ... is not a live window"
> > with that?
> 
> no crashes, no errors.
> yet.

So do we still have a problem or problems with note_mouse_movement
that I need to look into?

If there are still crashes there, I need an up-to-date backtrace with
information about which variable has bogus or null value that causes
the crash.  "bt full" is not really useful, especially in an optimized
build, because it doesn't give a clue about which variable(s) are
problematic.  And the line number information I got is no longer
dependable, given the latest changes in related files.