Subject: Re: bug#12251: 24.2.50; crash in note_mouse_highlight

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 19:19:03 +0200

>>  >> "#<window 139> is not a valid window"
 >>
 >> The above means that we've been running Lisp code on a dead window and
 >> that call was rejected with an error by `window-normalize-window'.  If
 >> this happens during a call from C, we have a problem.
 >
 > I don't think this error was thrown from C.

The error was obviously thrown from Lisp which per se is harmless.  But
I'm quite convinced that it was thrown by a Lisp function directly or
indirectly called from C.

 > Most probably, it was
 > thrown from Lisp, but since that unwinds the stack, there's no Lisp
 > backtrace that could confirm that.

How could we explain a crash if it's all within Lisp code?

 > I guess we need more checks in the mouse-highlight code, to account
 > for such cases.

Is note_mouse_highlight all we have to look at?

martin