Subject: bug#12251: 24.2.50; crash in note_mouse_highlight

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 09:19:36 -0400

> * martin rudalics <[email-masked]> [2012-08-23 10:48:43 +0200]:
>
> (1) A frame has not been set up completely but one of its windows exists
>     already.  I tried to fix this by changing Fset_window_buffer calls
>     to set_window_buffer calls but maybe something still slips through.
>
> (2) A window still exists although its frame has been already deleted.
>     This would constitute a bug in delete_frame.
>
> (3) C code tries to run on a window that has not yet been set up
>     completely.  I can't imagine how this would happen.

none of these seem to be applicable because I have only one frame and
the window in question, *Groups*, was on the way out.

> BTW I see that note_mouse_highlight has
>
>   /* Not on a window -> return.  */
>   if (!WINDOWP (window))
>     return;
>
> Shouldn't the window be live here?

definitely!

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on Ubuntu 12.04 (precise) X 11.0.11103000
http://www.childpsy.net/ http://ffii.org http://truepeace.org
http://honestreporting.com http://think-israel.org http://camera.org
Experience always comes right after it would have been useful.