Subject: bug#12251: 24.2.50; crash in note_mouse_highlight

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 23:13:09 -0400

I removed the patch, now I cannot do anything at all in my emacs,
which was just rebuilt from bzr tip
"109897 [email-masked]"
I get this on every attempt to switch a buffer in the *Scratch* window

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument listp #<killed buffer>)
  assq-delete-all(#<buffer  *temp*-531046> (#<killed buffer> .
#<killed buffer>))
  unrecord-window-buffer(#<window 11 on *scratch*> #<buffer  *temp*-531046>)
  replace-buffer-in-windows(#<buffer  *temp*-531046>)
  kill-buffer(#<buffer  *temp*-531046>)
.....
  help-highlight-arguments("(list-buffers &optional ARG)" "Display a
list of existing buffers.\nThe list is displayed in a buffer named
\"*Buffer List*\".\nSee `buffer-menu' for details about the Buffer
Menu buffer.\n\nBy default, all buffers are listed except those whose
names start\nwith a space (which are for internal use).  With prefix
argument\nARG, show only buffers that are visiting files.")
  help-fns--signature(list-buffers "Display a list of existing
buffers.\nThe list is displayed in a buffer named \"*Buffer
List*\".\nSee `buffer-menu' for details about the Buffer Menu
buffer.\n\nBy default, all buffers are listed except those whose names
start\nwith a space (which are for internal use).  With prefix
argument\nARG, show only buffers that are visiting files."
#[(&optional arg) "\301\302!!\207" [arg display-buffer
list-buffers-noselect] 3 2401604 "P"] list-buffers)
  describe-function-1(list-buffers)
  describe-function(list-buffers)
  call-interactively(describe-function nil nil)

-- 
Sam Steingold <http://sds.podval.org> <http://www.childpsy.net/>