Subject: bug#12234: 24.1; If set both (scroll-bar-mode -1) and (set-fringe-mode 0), and then try to resize the frame, the frame will gradual getting thin.

From: hbin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 00:20:56 +0800

Hi there,

I'm using Emacs 24.1, if I both set (scroll-bar-mode -1) and
(set-fringe-mode 0), then if I trying to resize the frame, the frame
will gradual getting thin.

See my question on the Stack Overflow please:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11373826/how-to-disable-fringe-in-emacs

So does Emacs 23.3.1 do.

Sincerely yours,
Huang Bin

In GNU Emacs 24.1.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.2)
of 2012-08-13 on think
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11103000
Configured using:
`configure '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3''

Important settings:
value of $LC_ALL: nil
value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.UTF-8
value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.UTF-8
value of $LC_TIME: en_US.UTF-8
value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Ruby

Minor modes in effect:
volatile-highlights-mode: t
rinari-minor-mode: t
ruby-tools-mode: t
rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
autopair-mode: t
flymake-mode: t
shell-dirtrack-mode: t
diff-auto-refine-mode: t
desktop-save-mode: t
savehist-mode: t
eproject-mode: t
yas/global-mode: t
yas/minor-mode: t
global-auto-complete-mode: t
auto-complete-mode: t
icomplete-mode: t
show-paren-mode: t
linum-mode: t
delete-selection-mode: t
global-auto-revert-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
size-indication-mode: t
column-number-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f
C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f
C-f C-f C-f C-p C-b C-b C-b C-b C-b C-b C-p C-p C-p
C-p C-p C-p C-p M-h M-h M-w M-[ C-n C-n C-o ( c u s
<tab> C-n C-n C-n C-n <tab> SPC C-y SPC C-a C-f M-h
M-h M-w M-[ M-] M-] C-n C-n C-b C-b C-b C-b C-b C-n
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-a C-a C-p C-p C-a C-p C-p C-p C-p
M-h M-w C-c C-g C-g M-k M-k C-g C-g C-w C-x C-s M-k
M-k M-k C-x C-f r e <tab> <return> M-k C-x C-f C-h
C-h C-h <return> p r <return> s <return> <return> C-c
; f e p r <return> C-s f o r c e <return> C-n C-f C-e
C-c C-c C-x C-s C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n M-k C-x C-b q C-c ; f h u <return>
C-p C-p C-p C-b M-x r e p o r t <return>

Recent messages:
[yas] Loading for `rails-mode', just-in-time: (yas/load-directory-1 
/home/hbin/.emacs.d/snippets/rails-mode (quote rails-mode) (quote 
(text-mode)))!
[yas] Loading compiled snippets from 
/home/hbin/.emacs.d/snippets/rails-mode
Mark saved where search started
Saving file 
/home/hbin/Projects/sample_app/config/environments/production.rb...
Wrote /home/hbin/Projects/sample_app/config/environments/production.rb
byte-code: End of buffer [16 times]
Formats have changed, recompiling...done
Updating buffer list...done
Commands: m, u, t, RET, g, k, S, D, Q; q to quit; h for help
call-interactively: End of buffer

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/vendor/magit/.dir-locals hides 
~/.emacs.d/vendor/full-ack/.dir-locals
~/.emacs.d/vendor/volatile-highlights.el/volatile-highlights hides 
~/.emacs.d/vendor/volatile-highlights
/home/hbin/.emacs.d/vendor/rinari/util/jump/which-func hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/24.1/lisp/progmodes/which-func
~/.emacs.d/vendor/magit/.dir-locals hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/24.1/lisp/gnus/.dir-locals

Features:
(shadow sort flyspell ispell mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils
ibuf-ext multi-isearch time-stamp whitespace find-func vc-git unsafep
ffap volatile-highlights hbin-prog prog-markdown prog-clojure
prog-python prog-rails rinari jump inflections findr ruby-compilation
which-func inf-ruby rhtml-mode rhtml-navigation rhtml-sgml-hacks
rhtml-ruby-hook html-mode-expansions sgml-mode rhtml-erb rhtml-fonts
scss-mode coffee-mode yaml-mode slim-mode sass-mode haml-mode js json
imenu newcomment cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs markdown-mode noutline outline
css-mode-expansions css-mode prog-ruby ruby-tools ruby-mode-expansions
ruby-mode yari rvm prog-lisp prog-web zencoding-mode rainbow-mode
prog-lua prog-js prog-c rainbow-delimiters hbin-misc smex
whole-line-or-region autopair misc-navigation ace-jump-mode full-ack
dirtree dired-x dired windata tree-mode tree-widget wid-edit
misc-flymake flymake-ruby flymake warnings compile flymake-cursor
misc-ibuffer ibuffer misc-ispell misc-eshell tramp tramp-compat
auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv macroexp assoc
gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache shell pcomplete comint
ansi-color format-spec tramp-loaddefs regexp-opt misc-magit magit-bisect
magit-key-mode magit server ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help
ediff-util ediff-mult ediff-init ediff iswitchb diff-mode log-edit
pcvs-util add-log misc-mark rename-sgml-tag mark-more-like-this
inline-string-rectangle mark-multiple highlight-symbol hi-lock thingatpt
expand-region expand-region-custom expand-region-core misc-hist desktop
saveplace savehist misc-tags etags-select etags eproject ring esh-var
esh-io esh-cmd esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg eldoc esh-groups eshell
esh-module esh-mode esh-util misc-yas yasnippet dropdown-list derived
help-mode view easymenu misc-ac auto-complete-config auto-complete
easy-mmode popup misc hbin-kbds windmove edmacro kmacro hbin-defuns
hbin-editor uniquify advice help-fns advice-preload icomplete ido avoid
paren linum delsel autorevert hbin-ui solarized-dark-theme
solarized-definitions cl time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)