Subject: bug#12218: 24.2.50; vc-ediff: Pressing `n' moves focus away from ediff control panel

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2012 21:07:45 +0200

> I don't know how to use `ediff-setup-windows-plain'.  Can you give more
 > information?

I have the following ediff-related settings in my .emacs:

(custom-set-variables
  '(ediff-custom-diff-options "-c --binary")
  '(ediff-grab-mouse nil)
  '(ediff-merge-split-window-function (quote split-window-horizontally))
  '(ediff-patch-options "-f --binary")
  '(ediff-split-window-function (quote split-window-horizontally))
  '(ediff-trees-file-ignore-regexp "\\`\\(\\.?#.*\\|.*,v\\|.*~\\|CVS\\|_darcs\\|.*\\.elc\\)\\'")
  '(ediff-window-setup-function (quote ediff-setup-windows-plain)))

 > I expect the right behaviour with `emacs -Q'.  It doesn't matter what
 > configuration you have in your local area.

It sometimes does.  With multiple frames your window manager settings
might kick in.

 > Btw, I am concerned that you might not have tried my recipe in first
 > place.  May be you should...

Be assured I did.  With emacs -Q your scenario works without problems
here.  But I remember that I had to set `ediff-grab-mouse' to nil with
my one-frame setup precisely because of the problem you described.  I
suppose it's related to my `mouse-autoselect-window' settings but didn't
explore this issue any further.

martin