Subject: bug#12218: 24.2.50; vc-ediff: Pressing `n' moves focus away from ediff control panel

From: Jambunathan K <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2012 00:16:31 +0530

martin rudalics <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I am debian squeeze running Emacs from trunk (bzr version is visible in
>> the attached screenshot). Emacs is launched like this:
>>
>>    ~/src/emacs/trunk/src/emacs  --debug-init -Q
>>
>> `ediff-grab-mouse' is at it's default value of t.
>
> And what happens if you set it to nil (that's what I use for whatever
> reason).  IIRC ediff's mouse grabbing code is very convoluted and partly
> dead.

If I set `ediff-grab-mouse' to nil, I continue get the buggy behaviour.

>> I am attaching a screenshot of my desktop.
>>
>> I don't know whether the diff file has any bearing on the behaviour.
>> The register.el on display is the one obtained by applying the
>> bug12389.diff.
>>
>> This bug is bit of an annoyance.  I am happy you are lookng in to it.
>
> I'm afraid I can't be of much help here.  I don't put the control panel
> in an extra frame; I use `ediff-setup-windows-plain'.

I don't know how to use `ediff-setup-windows-plain'.  Can you give more
information?

I expect the right behaviour with `emacs -Q'.  It doesn't matter what
configuration you have in your local area.  

Btw, I am concerned that you might not have tried my recipe in first
place.  May be you should...

> martin