Subject: 24.1; Cannot customize help-argument-name face

From: Raffaele Ricciardi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 20:00:29 +0100

Dear Sirs,

customizing the `help-argument-name' face has no effect.

How to reproduce:
- emacs -Q
- M-x customize-face RET help-argument-name RET
- set face foreground (i.e. "yellow")
- click on "Set for this session"
- M-x describe-face RET help-argument-name RET
- all the fields in the face specification are "unspecified"

Customizing other faces, like 'font-lock-comment-face', works.

Best Regards
--

In GNU Emacs 24.1.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
  of 2012-06-12 on debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10707000
Configured using:
  `configure '--prefix=/home/lele/bin/emacs/emacs-24.1''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Custom

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x c u s t o - f a <tab> <return> h e l p - <tab>
<return> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> y e r r o <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> r r o m <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> l l o w <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> M-x d e s c r i <tab> f a <tab> <return>
M-p <return> M-x r e p o <tab> r <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Creating customization items...
Creating customization items ...done
Resetting customization items...done
Creating customization setup...done
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window.
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail regexp-opt rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils help-fns help-mode view crm thingatpt
cus-edit easymenu cus-start cus-load wid-edit time-date tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)