Subject: Re: bug#12200: bug report

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 10:56:02 -0600

retitle 12200 su usage question
tag 12200 notabug
thanks

On 08/14/2012 04:19 AM, Lauren Janell wrote:
> su command doesn't work. says: "su: invalid option -- '1'"

Thanks for the report.  However, you didn't show the command line that
you typed, for us to know if it was a bug in your usage pattern (for
example, did you forget to quote a shell globbing character?).  For that
matter, you didn't even show something as basic as 'su --version'
information, or details about your platform.  I suspect that the problem
lies on your end, and not in su.

Additionally, as of the just-released coreutils 8.18, su is no longer
part of coreutils.  It is now part of util-linux, so this is no longer
the place to discuss the issue.  I'm closing the bug as a result,
although you can continue to comment if you'd like to provide more
information.

-- 
Eric Blake   [email-masked]    +1-919-301-3266
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org