Subject: su usage [was: bug#12261: Bug Report]

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 11:33:23 -0600

retitle 12261 su usage question
tag 12261 notabug
forcemerge 12261 12200
thanks

On 08/22/2012 10:43 AM, krwlive1 wrote:
> Help. su
> enter password:
> access denied: Invalid Password
> 

Thanks for the report.  However, you're the second person this month to
provide a context-free report about 'su', explaining why you think you
have hit a bug.  You didn't even show something as basic as 'su
--version' information, or details about your platform, or whether you
know for a fact that you were using the correct password.  I suspect
that the problem lies on your end, and not in su.

Additionally, as of coreutils 8.18 (and remembering that 8.19 was just
released), su is no longer part of coreutils.  It is now part of
util-linux, so this is no longer the place to discuss the issue.  I'm
closing the bug as a result, although you can continue to comment if
you'd like to provide more information.

-- 
Eric Blake   [email-masked]    +1-919-301-3266
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org