Subject: bug#12196: closed (Re: bug#12196: 24.1.50; setting cache-long-line-scans to non-nil freezes Emacs)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 08:04:02 +0000

Your bug report

#12196: 24.1.50; setting cache-long-line-scans to non-nil freezes Emacs

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
12196: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=12196
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#12196: 24.1.50; setting cache-long-line-scans to non-nil freezes Emacs
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Christopher Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 11:02:27 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Christopher Schmidt <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 08:25:17 +0100 (BST)
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> > Should be fixed in trunk revision 110079, the patch is below for your
> > convenience.  Please test.
> 
> Works great.  Thanks so much for you help!

Thanks for testing, closing the bug.

Subject: 24.1.50; setting cache-long-line-scans to non-nil freezes Emacs
From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 06:54:28 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

I recently found this variable in the manual: `cache-long-line-scans'.

However, nearly every time I set it to a non-nil value, Emacs instantly
freezes, C-g has no more effect.

To reproduce in emacs -Q, e.g. type C-h n and then M-:
(setq cache-long-line-scans t).

Thanks,

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.2)
 of 2012-08-07 on dex, modified by Debian
 (emacs-snapshot package, version 2:20120807-1)
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11203000
Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--host' 'i486-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.1.50/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.1.50/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--without-compress-info' '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/'
 '--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-imagemagick=yes'
 'build_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=i486-linux-gnu'
 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=5000 -g -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-g
 -Wl,--as-needed -znocombreloc' 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''