Subject: bug#1219: 23.0.60; Default Font

From: Vinicius Jose Latorre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 01:39:40 -0200

Chong Yidong wrote:
> What is the default font, as reported by `C-u C-x ='?
>   

With point in the character ';':

        character: ; (59, #o73, #x3b)
preferred charset: ascii (ASCII (ISO646 IRV))
       code point: 0x3B
           syntax: <     which means: comment
         category:
           a:ASCII graphic characters 32-126 (ISO646 IRV:1983[4/0])
           l:Latin r:Japanese roman
      buffer code: #x3B
        file code: #x3B (encoded by coding system utf-8-unix)
          display: by this font (glyph code)
    x:-unknown-monospace-medium-r-normal--14-101-100-100-m-170-iso8859-1 
(#x3B)

Character code properties: customize what to show
  name: SEMICOLON
  general-category: Po (Punctuation, Other)

There are text properties here:
  face                 font-lock-comment-delimiter-face
  fontified            t

> Also, could you do `EMACS_FONT_LOG=1 emacs -Q' and show the output of
> M-x font-show-log?
>   

Here is the result:

xfont-list: -*-Monospace-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-medium-r-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-medium-r-normal--*-0-0-c-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-medium-o-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-medium-o-normal--*-0-0-c-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-bold-r-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-bold-r-normal--*-0-0-c-0-iso8859-1
ftfont-list: -*-Monospace-*-iso8859-1
  -unknown-Monospace-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-normal-oblique-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-normal-oblique-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
list: -*-Monospace-*-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-medium-r-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-medium-r-normal--*-0-0-c-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-medium-o-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-medium-o-normal--*-0-0-c-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-bold-r-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-bold-r-normal--*-0-0-c-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-Monospace-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-normal-oblique-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-normal-oblique-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
sort-by: -*-Monospace-normal-normal-normal-*-14-*-iso8859-1
  x:-unknown-monospace-medium-r-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
open: -unknown-monospace-medium-r-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
  x:-unknown-monospace-medium-r-normal--14-101-100-100-m-170-iso8859-1
xfont-list: -unknown-Monospace-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-medium-r-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-medium-r-normal--*-0-0-c-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-medium-o-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-medium-o-normal--*-0-0-c-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-bold-r-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-bold-r-normal--*-0-0-c-0-iso8859-1
ftfont-list: -unknown-Monospace-*-iso8859-1
  -unknown-Monospace-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-normal-oblique-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-normal-oblique-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
list: -unknown-Monospace-*-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-medium-r-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-medium-r-normal--*-0-0-c-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-medium-o-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-medium-o-normal--*-0-0-c-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-bold-r-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-bold-r-normal--*-0-0-c-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-Monospace-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-normal-oblique-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-normal-oblique-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
sort-by: -unknown-Monospace-normal-normal-normal-*-14-*-iso8859-1
  x:-unknown-monospace-medium-r-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
open: -unknown-monospace-medium-r-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
  x:-unknown-monospace-medium-r-normal--14-101-100-100-m-170-iso8859-1
list: -unknown-Monospace-*-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-medium-r-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-medium-r-normal--*-0-0-c-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-medium-o-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-medium-o-normal--*-0-0-c-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-bold-r-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-bold-r-normal--*-0-0-c-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-Monospace-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-normal-oblique-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-normal-oblique-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
sort-by: -unknown-Monospace-normal-italic-normal-*-14-*-iso8859-1
  x:-unknown-monospace-medium-o-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
open: -unknown-monospace-medium-o-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
  x:-unknown-monospace-medium-o-normal--14-101-100-100-m-170-iso8859-1
xfont-list: -unknown-Monospace-*-*-*--*-*-*-*-m-*-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-medium-r-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-medium-o-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-bold-r-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
ftfont-list: -unknown-Monospace-*--*-m-*-iso8859-1
  -unknown-Monospace-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-normal-oblique-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-normal-oblique-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
list: -unknown-Monospace-*-r-normal--*-100-100-m-170-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-bold-r-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-medium-r-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-Monospace-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
sort-by: -unknown-Monospace-light-r-normal--14-*-100-100-m-170-iso8859-1
  x:-unknown-monospace-medium-r-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
open: -unknown-monospace-medium-r-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
  x:-unknown-monospace-medium-r-normal--14-101-100-100-m-170-iso8859-1
list: -unknown-Monospace-*-r-normal--*-100-100-m-170-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-bold-r-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-medium-r-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-Monospace-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
sort-by: -unknown-Monospace-light-r-normal--14-*-100-100-m-170-iso8859-1
  x:-unknown-monospace-medium-r-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
list: -unknown-Monospace-*-r-normal--*-100-100-m-170-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-bold-r-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-medium-r-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-Monospace-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
sort-by: -unknown-Monospace-bold-r-normal--14-*-100-100-m-170-iso8859-1
  x:-unknown-monospace-bold-r-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
open: -unknown-monospace-bold-r-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
  x:-unknown-monospace-bold-r-normal--14-101-100-100-m-120-iso8859-1
list: -unknown-Monospace-*-r-normal--*-100-100-m-170-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-bold-r-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-medium-r-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-Monospace-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
sort-by: -unknown-Monospace-bold-r-normal--14-*-100-100-m-170-iso8859-1
  x:-unknown-monospace-bold-r-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
list: -unknown-Monospace-medium-*-normal--*-100-100-m-170-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-medium-o-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-monospace-medium-r-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
  -unknown-Monospace-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-normal-oblique-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-normal-oblique-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Monospace-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
sort-by: 
-unknown-Monospace-medium-italic-normal--14-*-100-100-m-170-iso8859-1
  x:-unknown-monospace-medium-o-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
open: -unknown-monospace-medium-o-normal--*-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
  x:-unknown-monospace-medium-o-normal--14-101-100-100-m-170-iso8859-1