Subject: bug#12187: 24.1.50; Regression: `Info-breadcrumbs-depth' should show `File:' without ".info" suffix

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 14:00:25 -0700

emacs -Q
 
Set option `Info-breadcrumbs-depth' to 0.
 
Visit an Info node.  You will see something like this:
 
 File: elisp.info,  Node: Introduction
 
We should not be displaying the suffix ".info".  The "file" name here is
intended to indicate which manual you are in.  Showing the ".info"
suffix is a distraction that reflects the implementation, and it wastes
space.  This is a (minor) regression.
 
In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-08-08 on DANI-PC
Bzr revision: 109511 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -I../../libs/libxpm-3.5.8/include -I../../libs/libxpm-3.5.8/src
 -I../../libs/libpng-1.4.10 -I../../libs/zlib-1.2.6
 -I../../libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include -I../../libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -I../../libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -I../../libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -I../../libs/gnutls-3.0.16/include
 -I../../libs/libiconv-1.14-2-mingw32-dev/include'