Subject: bug#12179: 24.1; Bug in woman.el?

From: CRLF0710 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 13:26:54 +0800

Hi, i'm trying to use WoMan provided within emacs. Whenever i try to open
anything, it raises an error. (Does it work on your machines?)

it seems that this code within woman-decode-buffer() in women.el raised
the error: (line #2170)

    (setq time (float-time (time-since start-time)))

(time-since) returns a float-value, but float-time wants only NIL or a
list. So I suggest changing the line to

    (setq time (time-since start-time))

will fix this. (Works ok on my machine.)

In GNU Emacs 24.1.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2012-06-10 on CRLF0710-PC
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: CHS
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: cp936
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: IELM

Minor modes in effect:
  eldoc-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  global-rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  global-linum-mode: t
  linum-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> s t a r t - <end> <return>
( t i m e - s i n c e SPC s t a r t - t i m e ) ) <return>
M-p <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left>
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left>
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left>
<left> ( f l o a t - t i m e SPC <end> ) <return> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<f1> f <return> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<help-echo> <up> <up> <right> <right> <right> <right>
<right> <right> <right> <right> <f1> f <return> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-2> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-2> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <wheel-down>
<wheel-down> <wheel-down> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> M-. l i s p _ t i <tab> <return> <wheel-down>
<wheel-down> <wheel-down> <wheel-up> <wheel-down> <double-wheel-down>
<wheel-down> <wheel-down> <wheel-down> <wheel-down>
<wheel-down> <wheel-up> <double-wheel-up> <wheel-up>
<double-wheel-up> <wheel-up> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
( f l o a t - t i m e SPC 0 . 0 ) <return> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <wheel-up> <wheel-up> <wheel-down> <wheel-down>
<wheel-up> <wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> <wheel-down>
<double-wheel-down> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <wheel-up> <wheel-up> <double-wheel-up> <wheel-up>
<wheel-up> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <double-down-mouse-1> <double-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <wheel-up> <double-wheel-up> <wheel-down>
<wheel-down> <wheel-up> <wheel-up> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <f1>
f <return> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <help-echo> C-x b <return> C-x b <return>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu>
<send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
byte-code: End of buffer
Quit
History item: 1
Type "q" to restore previous buffer.

semanticdb-file-table-object: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil
Starting a new list of tags tables
Making tags completion table for
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/TAGS...done
Mark set

Load-path shadows:
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/speedbar/speedbar hides
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/lisp/speedbar
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/speedbar/sb-image hides
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/lisp/sb-image
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/common/ezimage hides
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/lisp/ezimage
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/speedbar/dframe hides
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/lisp/dframe
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/eieio/eieio hides
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/eieio/eieio-speedbar hides
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-speedbar
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/eieio/eieio-opt hides
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-opt
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/eieio/eieio-datadebug
hides c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-datadebug
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/eieio/eieio-custom hides
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-custom
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/eieio/eieio-base hides
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-base
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/eieio/chart hides
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/chart
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/srecode/srecode hides
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/lisp/cedet/srecode
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/semantic/semantic hides
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/lisp/cedet/semantic
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/common/pulse hides
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/lisp/cedet/pulse
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/common/mode-local hides
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/lisp/cedet/mode-local
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/common/inversion hides
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/lisp/cedet/inversion
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/ede/ede hides
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/lisp/cedet/ede
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/common/data-debug hides
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/lisp/cedet/data-debug
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/common/cedet hides
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/lisp/cedet/cedet
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/common/cedet-idutils hides
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/lisp/cedet/cedet-idutils
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/common/cedet-global hides
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/lisp/cedet/cedet-global
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/common/cedet-files hides
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/lisp/cedet/cedet-files
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/common/cedet-cscope hides
c:/Users/CrLF0710/Root/opt/emacs/lisp/cedet/cedet-cscope

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils etags semantic-c hideif semantic-c-by
semantic-lex-spp ielm semantic-tag-write cedet-edebug debug ede-locate
locate semanticdb-typecache semantic-complete semantic-tag-file
ede-emacs semanticdb-file cedet-files semantic-edit jka-compr eieio-opt
woman man semantic-el semantic-bovine bovine-debug semantic-debug
hexl-plus hexl ecb-autoloads semantic-decorate-include semanticdb-find
semantic-decorate-mode semantic-decorate pulse semantic-m3
semantic-analyze-refs cedet-m3 semantic-mru-bookmark semanticdb-mode
semantic-idle eldoc senator which-func semantic-imenu semantic-sb imenu
ede-dired dired semantic-ede-grammar semantic-grammar
semantic-grammar-wy pp semantic-wisent wisent ede-proj-elisp ede-pconf
ede-pmake ede-proj-obj ede-proj ede-make ede-proj-comp autoconf-edit
autoconf autoconf-mode cedet cedet-contrib-load contrib-loaddefs
cogre-load cogre-loaddefs speedbar-load speedbar-loaddefs ede-load
ede-loaddefs ede-speedbar ede-files ede ede-base ede-auto eieio-speedbar
semantic-ia-sb semantic-analyze semantic-scope semantic-analyze-fcn
semantic-sort semanticdb-javap cedet-java semanticdb-el semanticdb-ref
semantic-find semanticdb semantic-ctxt semantic-format
semantic-util-modes semantic-util semantic semantic-lex semantic-tag-ls
semantic-tag working fame speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe assoc
eieio-custom ede-source eieio-base srecode-load srecode srecode-loaddefs
semantic-load semantic-fw semantic-loaddefs mode-local find-func
eieio-load eieio-loaddefs cedet-load cedet-compat cedet-loaddefs eieio
warnings byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv macroexp inversion
bison-mode make-regexp flex-mode derived cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs quack
thingatpt compile cmuscheme comint regexp-opt ansi-color ring scheme
cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit slime-autoloads paredit
auto-complete-config auto-complete help-mode easymenu view popup
fast-paren-mode advice help-fns advice-preload column-marker
highlight-parentheses easy-mmode rainbow-delimiters linum autorevert
edmacro kmacro zenburn-theme iso-transl cl time-date china-util tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 disp-table ls-lisp
w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process multi-tty emacs)