Subject: 24.1; segv in -batch delete-windows-on

From: Kevin Ryde <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 08:56:05 +1000

With the foo.el below, running

    emacs -Q -batch -l foo.el

gets a segv.  Backtrace from a "-O0 -g" build below.

I don't expect window handling stuff to actually show anything in -batch
mode, but I hoped it wouldn't segfault.  (Emacs 23 doesn't, didn't.)

I see the backtrace says something "MOUSE_HL_INFO".  The build is with
gpm and with the gpm server when running, but I don't know if it ends up
being used in -batch.

In GNU Emacs 24.1.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.8)
 of 2012-08-07 on blah.blah, modified by Debian
Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.1/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.1/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu' '--with-x=yes'
 '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars'
 'build_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall'
 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_AU
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: iso-latin-1-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t