Subject: bug#12173: docstrings and .guile

From: Ian Price <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 20:25:48 +0100

Hi guilers,

While debugging, I realised the root cause of my problem was that I
could not access procedure documentation for procedures defined in my
.guile

The issue is simple to reproduce, I added

(define (test)
  "docs"
  #f)

to my .guile, and from a new guile repl

scheme@(guile-user)> ,d test
#f
scheme@(guile-user)> (define (test) "docs" #f)
scheme@(guile-user)> ,d test
docs

This happens on 32bit fedora 16 on stable-2.0 git commit
1321a36ed61deb9431b41768dc92cb7230c9afa1

-- 
Ian Price -- shift-reset.com

"Programming is like pinball. The reward for doing it well is
the opportunity to do it again" - from "The Wizardy Compiled"