Subject: Re: bug#12169: [PATCH] Merge changes from upstream ruby-mode

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 16:28:17 -0400

> The change to `ruby-syntax-propertize-function' is kind of messy, but
> I don't see how to do it better without seriously rewriting
> ruby-syntax-propertize-heredoc'.

I think it can be simplified by adding a "\\(\\_<class\\s-*\\)?" pattern to
the here-doc regexp, but that only works for forward searches (which is
what is used in ruby-syntax-propertize but not in the
font-lock-syntactic-keywords code).  So it's probably fine as it is.

I've installed your patch, but please fix the ChangeLog authorship as
pointed out by Glenn (just include the changes in a subsequent patch).

> Here's part 2, in which I'm skipping the next 3 commits:
> https://github.com/ruby/ruby/commit/85df40e9ab4559cd4ddde3f106ab56c76a808cc8
> https://github.com/ruby/ruby/commit/6b0dc7fd81b25bc66681548b8b82f38258f7e08c
> https://github.com/ruby/ruby/commit/862048e28d26112af1e67205cfd1c16564590bce

I also added that patch.  I presume that you're also trying to convince
Ruby's maintainers to undo those changes?
Same as before: please provide a subsequent patch which corrects the
authorship attribution.

        Stefan