Subject: bug#12163: 24.1; Can not input anything or showing none output when debugging c/c++ application.

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 12:50:21 +0300

> From: qq510371827 <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 17:14:14 +0800
> 
> > Try invoking GDB from Emacs like this:
> >
> >   M-x gud-gdb RET
> >
> > If that doesn't help, either, then I'm clueless, sorry.  Perhaps
> > someone else could help.
> >
>  Thanks for your patience. It finally works. However, two other new
> problem appeared after using 'gud-gdb'.
> 1).the code, gdb information and out/input datas mixed together in the same
> buffer and 'gdb-many-windows' command didn't work any more.

This is expected.  gud-gdb uses the old interface with GDB, which
doesn't support gdb-many-windows.

> 2) You can refer this link:
>  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9676135/gud-gdb-emacs-24-not-working
> The same problem as mine.

No, it isn't the same.  Your problem was with getting input and output
to and from the debuggee.  The above URL describes a much more serious
problem, whereby Emacs doesn't show the source code of functions you
step through.  I don't see any of this in your original bug report
(and it surely works for me on MS-Windows).

As for the original problem: could you please post here a minimal C
program that exhibits the problem with I/O when you use "M-x gdb"?  I
will then try to look into the reasons of this and the possible ways
to solve that, when I have time.

Thanks.