Subject: bug#12159: 24.1.50; vc-dir: Need a way to hide unregistered files

From: Jambunathan K <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2012 23:37:13 +0530

I have a tendency to accumulate unregistered files in my vc-dir work
area before I do away with all of them with "git clean -d -f".

It will be convenient if the existing `vc-dir-hide-up-to-date' (and the
"x" binding) is extended so that files in arbitrary state - including
unregistered - could be hidden.

I have posted my patch to emacs-devel.  See following thread:
    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2012-08/msg00277.html

With my patch, I can accomplish what I want with

    (custom-set-variables
     '(vc-dir-hide-these-states (quote ("unregistered" "up-to-date"))))

Feel free to close this patch once the above patch is suitably dealt
with.

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.22 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
 of 2012-08-08 on debian-6.05
Bzr revision: 109513 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10707000
Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_IN
  locale-coding-system: iso-latin-1-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t