Subject: 24.1; `occur-edit-mode' is completely broken if `pop-up-frames'=t

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 13:52:38 -0700

emacs -Q
 
(setq pop-up-frames t)
 
In some buffer, M-x occur, then `e' to enter `occur-edit-mode'.
 
Type a character on the occur buffer.  The frame of the buffer that was
searched is brought to the foreground, obscuring the occur buffer.
What's more, the searched buffer's frame receives the input focus.
 
In sum, you cannot edit the occur buffer at all, because all input takes
place in the searched buffer, and its frame is popped up, in front, each
time you make any change in the occur buffer.
 
This bug is a POSTER CHILD for Emacs Dev's introducing a feature without
ever testing it with a non-nil `pop-up-frames' scenario (or the
equivalent).

In GNU Emacs 24.1.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-06-10 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include'