Subject: bug#12128: closed (Re: bug#12128: 24.1.50; Default argument for `save-buffer')

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2012 08:27:02 +0000

Your bug report

#12128: 24.1.50; Default argument for `save-buffer'

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
12128: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=12128
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#12128: 24.1.50; Default argument for `save-buffer'
From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
To: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2012 11:17:39 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> It does the job.  Thank you so much.

Installed and closed.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Subject: 24.1.50; Default argument for `save-buffer'
From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 02:57:27 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Severity: wishlist

Hello,

Try this experiment from "emacs -Q":
  C-x b test RET hello C-x C-s M-n

(That is: create a new buffer, write something in it, try to save it and
use M-n to look for a default filename.)

The first time I try that, I see the error message "Source file
`c:/emacs/trunk/lisp/gnus/auth-source.el' newer than byte-compiled
file".  On subsequent attempts, the error message is more normal: "End of
history; no default available".

In any case, what I what to request here is that "M-n", insetead of the
error, brings to the minibuffer a default argument consisting in the
concatenation of the current directory and the name of the buffer.

TIA.

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2012-08-03 on DANI-PC
Bzr revision: 109405 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -I../../libs/libiconv-1.14-2-mingw32-dev/include
 -I../../libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -I../../libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -I../../emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.16/include -I../../libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -I../../libs/libpng-1.4.10 -I../../libs/libxpm-3.5.8/include
 -I../../libs/libxpm-3.5.8/src -I../../libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -I../../libs/zlib-1.2.6'

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSDATA: C:/emacs/trunk/etc
  value of $EMACSDOC: C:/emacs/trunk/etc
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH: C:/emacs/trunk/lisp;C:/emacs/trunk/leim
  value of $EMACSPATH: C:/emacs/trunk/bin
  value of $LANG: ESN
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-x b t e s t <return> h e l l o C-x C-s M-n C-g M-x
r e p o r t <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Source file `c:/emacs/trunk/lisp/gnus/auth-source.el' newer than
byte-compiled file
user-error: End of history; no default available
Quit

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils ffap
url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv
macroexp gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars time-date
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 disp-table
ls-lisp w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer button faces cus-face files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Dani Moncayo