Subject: Re: bug#12128: 24.1.50; Default argument for `save-buffer'

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2012 12:31:46 +0300

> Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 10:57:46 +0200
> From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> > That's your local problem with byte compilation, I don't get that
> > message on my machine.  Just compile auth-source.el, and that message
> > will not appear anymore.
> 
> Have the emacs build process a way of automatically compiling every
> *.elc file which is older than its *.el counterpart?

Yes.

> (I thought that the plain "make" took care of this)

No.  The correct procedure for building on Windows after updating from
bzr is this:

  cd nt
  configure
  make
  cd ../lisp
  make bzr-update
  cd ../nt
  make
  make info

The 'configure' step can be omitted if none of the configury files
changed (that includes makefile.w32-in files, nt/config.nt, and
nt/configure.bat itself).

Some changes are too invasive, and make the "make bzr-update" stage
fail.  If the problems don't go away after re-running that stage
several times, your best bet is a full bootstrap.